Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Please Welcome Marbles and Cocoa

On March 10, Jerry and I drove 2 hours and 45 minutes to get a new puppy after the sudden death of our beloved Australian Shepherd, Titus. After much debate, we decided on two puppies. We plan to breed them in a couple years and figured we may as well get them both now.

Marbles

Marbles was born December 24, 2011 and is a blue merle female. She is the older of the two, and she likes to let her "boyfriend" know it. She laid behind Jerry's neck the entire ride home and didn't make a sound. Of course, now that she is settled in, she loves barking at the cats and is an instigator.




Cocoa


Cocoa was born January 18, 2012 and is a red tri male. He is 3.5 weeks younger than Marbles, and at this age, you can tell the difference. He did not enjoy the ride home - he puked 5 times. He loves to play with our older dog, Sidney, until she decides it is her turn to chase him.



1 comment:

  1. Many condolencence on the loss of Titus - he was a great guy! But he would not have wanted you to grieve for long and puppies are a great cure. I'm sure they will be a wonderful addition to your family.

    "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog and I will become as generous and loving and they are." ~ Unknown

    ReplyDelete